Saturday, October 07, 2006

We're back

Note to those reading my live blog from the Uniting Church and Family Conference ... my apologies for the delayed update this morning. The morning session by Doug Phillips was followed by an excellent session on the need for church covenants by William Einwechter. Between the volume of information given and the need to pack and check out of the hotel, I wasn't able to get either of those posted earlier.

Geoff Botkin's breakout on the church in times of transition presented two other problems -- a tidal wave of speaking points, too fast to transcribe fully, and a failed Internet connection in the meeting room downstairs.

I'll see what I can do with each of these later. However, I'm in a different room with a stronger signal and my old friend Jeff Pollard, whom I know to have a more deliberate speaking style. He's starting now on the Puritan vision of family discipleship so I'll post and get to work.

No comments: