Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Song for Thanksgiving

My favorite setting of Psalm 146 -- it's [all in here]

Hallelujah, praise Jehovah,
O my soul, Jehovah praise; [1]
I will sing the glorious praises
Of my God through all my days. [2]
Put no confidence in princes,
Nor for help on man depend; [3]
He shall die, to dust returning,
And his purposes shall end. [4]

Happy is the man that chooses
Israel's God to be his aid;
He is blessed whose hope of blessing
On the Lord his God is stayed.
[5]
Heaven and earth the Lord created,
Seas and all that they contain;
He delivers from oppression,
Righteousness he will maintain. [6]

Food he daily gives the hungry,
Sets the mourning prisoner free, [7]
Raises those bowed down with anguish,
Makes the sightless eyes to see.
Well Jehovah loves the righteous, [8]
And the stranger he befriends,
Helps the fatherless and widow,
Judgment on the wicked sends. [9]

Hallelujah, praise Jehovah,
O my soul, Jehovah praise;
I will sing the glorious praises
Of my God through all my days.
Over all God reigns for ever,
Through all ages he is king;
Unto him, thy God, O Zion,
Joyful hallelujahs sing!
[10]

-- Trinity Hymnbook No. 53

NOTE 11/23: I had connection issues yesterday so I backdated this post to place it on Thanksgiving Day, where it should be!

No comments: